Semester Break is ere Again

Sunday, February 3rd, 2007

Tomorrow, Monday 4th to Sunday 10th February, 2008, MARA University of Technology students would be enjoying heir short break. It's the time for the students to back with their loved ones after a separation of about 4 weeks. Students must be wise to manage the leisure times by playing around with their younger siblings, or by visiing old friends and relatives and at the same time not to forget their books and assignments.

As a lecturer like me, it's time for me to obtain fresh materials to be imparted to my students after the break. It's also the best time for me to exchange ideas, to have breakfast and lunch and dinner outings ad lastly to visit our beloved grandchildren in Kuala Lumpur. Perhaps we may make a 4-day trip either to Medan or Jakarta.

The break is also the best time for both of us to spend quality time together. This is m 39th year of my service with the government. On any working day we would have about 1 to 2 hours of quality time. Usually I would leave home for more than 8 hours and I would be hme at arund 1700 hrs. On reaching home, I would perform my Asr prayer, had my tea and read my newspaper and took my bath. At 75 hs I would be heading to the surau from my Maghrib prayer and I would be home at around 1945. My wifewould be praying in her room for her Maghrib and Isyak rayers. Upon reaching home I would read Yassin then I headed to the surau for Isya' prayer till 2105 hrs.

At aound 1920 we dined together and went separate ways. I would be engrossed with my academic chores, while my wife would be engrossed wih her Quran reading or she wuld be watching her favourite tv programmes. Sometimes I would only in bed at around 1000 hrs. At 0530 I would clean myself and prepared for the Subuh prayer either at home or at the surau. After Subuh I was ready to leave for lectures either at 0645 hrs or )745 hrs at the latest.

The daily routine would go on until Friday where I would be home at around 1430 hrs, immediately after Friday pray. My wife and I would lunch together and we would be able to chat anything at the lunch table. Usually I would take a short siesta for 1 hour and then I would perform my Asr prayer and soon afte that the rountine spin again.

On Saturdays and Sunday mornings, ether I played golf till 1130 hrs or I would be having breakfast with my wife in town. Sometimes Saturdays and Sundays were spent attending wedding receptions r meeting fiends.

Since the break will break the daly routine, we would be planning to visit our beloved kiddos or make a trip overseas.

Well that's life to be managed wisely and meaninfully.

Happy Holidays to Shaipul and Kamarul (BTSL, Fa'iq (BBIB), Hamsyah, Saveas, Hafis, Iqbal, Hakim and many others whose names are yet to be recorded in my RAM.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Dear Sir,

Happy holidays to you too. Hope to see you soon, regards

Fa'iq

fajrina said...

assalamualaikum sir..
my name is nur fajrina binti mustafar.i`m a new student from BBIB3B..i`m so honoured to be your student..i hope that i can give good commitment during your class..