Xong Hee Fatt Choy

Friday February 8th, 2008

Chinese New Year,Xong Hee Fatt Choy, is here again. This celebration is associated with traditional, rather than religious, occasion. 2008 is called as the Year of the Rat. Rat, or sometimes called rodent, envisages negative attributes. Rats brought diseases and cause losses to human economy. Chinese believe that those born in the year of the rat are involve in unstable economy.

Chinese New Year 2008 was on Wednesday, February 7th. On Monday, February 4th, my wife and I planned to make a trip to Medan, Indonesia through UTAS ravel Agency. While we were shopping at Giant Muar, at noon on Tuesday, Shafik, called my wife that he had mild stroke while on his way home afer a game of golf. My wife was dillusioned and made frantic calls to our third child, Mohammad Asshad to attend o his brother's medical problem. Immediately we cancelled our flight and left for Kuala Lumpur after Asar prayer.

We safely reached Damansara Medical Centre at about 2000 hrs. Alhamdulillah!Our beloved son was physically stable. We stayed around until 2230 before we headed for Kajang. It was already 0030 hrs, Wednesday, February 5th. I performed my Maghrib and Isya' prayer before ending my day at around 0130 Wednesday Morning.

At about 1030 Wednesday Morning, we headed to Damansara to be at my son's bedsite. We were informed by the medical staff that Shafik was cleared of heart case and he needed fuher investigation till Saturday. The joy of receiving the news made me to call for a treat. All my in-laws were treated for free food at the cafetaria. We left Damansara for ajang at around 2230 hrs. I managed to perform my obligatory prayers before I fell asleep at around 2300 hrs.

On Thursday, Chinese New Year Day, I performed my Subuh Prayer at 0630 hrs and read my Yassin. We had our breakfast at around 0830 hs with Nasi Lema, Mee and Tea. My wife, daughter Juliana and her husband, Udin, and our kiddos left for Damansara at around 1100 and I headed for Muar alone at the same time.

The journey from Kajang to Seremban was really testing my patience. I could hardly accelerate up to 40 km per hour. The traffic flow was clogged. After reaching What a journey!

Well that's all for now. Kamusta

No comments: